Monday, October 1, 2012

The Believing Game: Part A

         People say swimming is not a sport.  I strongly disagree due to the fact that it is a team effort in each event.  Swimmers compete with themselves and against other opponents.  Swimmers say that their practices are hard; well I consider swimming upwards of two and a half miles every practice is quite hard.  I think football practices are like a vacation compared to a swim practice.  In football it is a team effort for the whole game and in order to win everyone needs to do their part.  A football practice is hard because there is hitting, running, jumping, and many more physical activities.  So in my opinion, I do not agree with the statement ‘Swimming is not a sport’ because it is a team effort and puts tons of strain on your body.

1 comment:

  1. I would say that your personal opinion is that you disagree with people saying swimming is not a sport. You provided sufficient details about why you support that claim. You also gave reasons as to why people who think swimming is not a sport should think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete