Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who's got the Moneyball?

The cover of Moneyball DVD-http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/
        My favorite movie is Moneyball.  This movies shows what a general manager does in the MLB.  This is why I like the movie.  I have been a baseball fan for wuite some time and never got the chance to really know what a GM (general manager) does during the regular and off season.  Moneyball is about a former player for the Oakland Athletics, Billy Beane, who becomes the general manager of the team that he played for.  The Oakland Athletics have had their ups and downs with getting into the playoffs as well as having the money to compete with all of rich teams such as the Yankees, Phillies, and Cardinals.  I especially liked Moneyball because of the actors that the director chose as the main characters.  These actors are Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill.  These two actors are probably two of my favorite actors in Hollywood.  These two work together to make a team based solely on statistics like batting average and on base percentage.  To me that is interesting because for one I like statistics and I have never heard of that method before.  They did not focus on how they play or how hard they can hit the ball.  The Oakland Athletics went to the playoffs and made it to the world series in the movie.  I liked how the director focused on a team that had a small budget that won a championship.  This shows money cannot buy everything.  This message is what I liked about the plot of the movie, Moneyball.  This movie is my favorite because of the information about what the general manager can do and the message that the movie gives.

1 comment:

  1. After viewing Moneyball, I agree with your review. The reason why I enjoyed the movie which you pointed out was because of the inside look it gave me into the MLB. I also enjoyed the film because it showed how the team scouted players based on stats alone.

    ReplyDelete